Monday 17 August 2015

My ideas about fair trade (and fair chocolate)

WALA: Using their prior knowledge, along with information in the text, to interpret abstract ideas, complex plots, and sophisticated themes.

I think fair trade is important, because when the company that makes the chocolate gets paid, I think they should pay the cacao farmers because if they don't get paid they can't buy the cacao plants that they need to grow the beans to make chocolate.

What is your opinion about Fair trade chocolate comment and tell me?

4 comments:

  1. I think this is important because if the producers of the product did not get enough money from the big companies then they will not be able to pay the make the ingredients for the products then the big companies will not have the right ingredients to make the products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, you need to consider the people that are working for the farmers. Farm workers will receive well below the wages that are allowed in New Zealand. The age of the workers needs to be considered, too. I wonder what the laws are around minimum wages and ages of workers?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your helpful, positive, thoughtful comment on my work.